Introduction_Installation & Honors Seminar

      1.                          


Hey everyone! My name is Katelyn and I am a senior in the BFA Studio Program with a concentration in painting and drawing. My minor is Graphic Arts and Imaging Technology but the name just changed to Graphic communications. The class I am is a bit confusing because I went to an early college and graduated with my diploma and an associates. But this is my third and final year finally! I like to do many different styles when it comes to my art. I like realism, abstract, landscape, the figure, etc. At this stage I should have more of a style but I honestly like doing many different things. 
I always loved art but it grew when I started taking private art lessons and when I started college level classes. My success story was a paper wall piece that I made with approx. 500 pieces on 8 panels. Paper is one of my favorite materials to use. But I mainly focus on painting and drawing. At first I did not like figure drawing but something clicked. I love having this abstract look when it comes to figure drawing. I like using charcoal mainly, even on campus. It gives the art a sketchy and loose look that sometimes can be elegant. 
One artist I like is Timothy Parker which I researched during painting II. He used the figure in his work but also a very abstract background that merges within the figure. 
I do not have many pet peeves with technology but my new phone uses thumbprint for the lock green. It doesn't work all the time! It is very irritating since I'll have to try like 6 times to get into my phone. Good thing I got a back up pin number.
For this class, I hope to learn about the process of Installation and all the work that goes into it including working with those who own spaces for it. 
I am looking forward to this semester!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dreamscape Audio